When it comes to canning food, a high amount of pressure is needed to ensure that the meat and vegetables are soft enough to be consumed at once. However, the pressure shouldn’t be too much as this may cause the delicate fibers in meats and vegetables to become too soft and then disintegrate. Is home pressure cooking and canning of large food quantities something that you would like to do in the comfort of your home? Then the All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Canner may be the ideal pot for you.
Imagine you’re a busy homeowner who has to work for eight hours a day, and when you get home, you still have to prepare a meal for your family. Aside from being too tired to prepare your own meal, you’d also be very hungry! With the All American Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner, you can stop worrying about what your family will eat since you can prepare the meals beforehand. Its pressure cooker function allows you to cook tough meats in a matter of minutes. In addition, the it allows you to can food so you can easily access ready-made meals in an instant. Just imagine the convenience of giving your family a nice home cooked meal without preparing it right when they need it.
The All American Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner has numerous attractive features that any cook would benefit from:
- The 20-quart All American Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner is capable of holding up to 19 pint jars or 14 quart jars.
- It’s made of durable hand-cast aluminum for fast even heating and insulation all throughout its pot. As it’s made of lightweight aluminum, it’s much lighter than it looks!
- It has an exclusive metal-to-metal sealing system for a steam-tight seal. Instead, it has positive action clamping locks and screws to keep the cover aligned to the base for a tight and sturdy seal. It doesn’t have a gasket so opening and closing the lid is easy.
- It has a geared steam gauge, and automatic overpressure release to show you just how much steam is inside the pot as you’re cooking.
- It has three pressure regulator weight settings: 5 psi, 10 psi, and 15 psi.
- Its edges are super tick for additional protection, and its sturdy exterior allows for constant usage and heavy wear.
- Its handle is stay-cool Bakelite so you won’t accidentally burn your fingers when handling the lid.
- As it can hold 14 quart jars, you can put more than one layer of jars in the canner. It has two trays/shelves for holding two layers of jars.
- The entire All American Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner is roughly 17 inches wide by 17 inches deep by 20 inches tall (including the handle). Its total weight is 29 pounds.
If you’d like to buy an All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Canner for your home, you may want to check out some of the reviews posted by people who have had some experience with using it. Below is a shortened and more concise version of the reviews from numerous users of the All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Canner. Here, you’ll find what customers liked and disliked about the All American 921 21-1/2-Quart:
- It’s heavy duty and very sturdy, so even if you use it multiple times a week, it will still give you the best results.
- It’s made of aluminum, so it heats food evenly. In addition, it’s relatively lighter than stainless steel pressure cookers of the same capacity.
- It doesn’t require the use of a gasket since its metal-to-metal seal clamps and screws securely into place.
- You can use it at pressures of 5 psi, 10 psi or 15 psi, so even if your meat is tough yet delicate, you won’t have problems with disintegrating meat.
- The handle is insulated and stays relatively cool throughout cooking. There’s no threat of burned fingertips when you lift up the lid after cooking.
- You can put two layers of quart and half-quart jars as it has two trays to accommodate them.
- It’s the best pressure cooker on the market that can handle such a huge amount of food.
- It’s quite heavy, with a weight of 20 pounds. However, this is also a testament to its sturdiness. Besides, if you can cook up to 14 quart jars, you’d probably expect it to be heavy anyway.
- Due to its weight, it’s not recommended for use on ceramic or glass stoves.
- Due to its thick material, it may take some time for the entire pot heat up or to be cool enough to handle. But you can run cold water over its body to speed up the cooling process.